kt swizz

kt swizz

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Another real talk

In my other real talk you read or if you were in class for the slam poetry final heard me talk about high school and the struggles or frustrations that comes with it. Trying to find yourself in a crowd of lost souls isn't easy. Trying to impress mr. Nelson with some words on a computer screen made you feel good enough in this big world. Until we all graduated and now realize how big this world really is. Then all of a sudden girls are getting married left and right. You see old high school friends dying or just old memories fading. What we thought was hard actually was easy. We wanted out of high school because we thought it'd get easier. Now the grades actually mean something. The grades you get determine whether your future family eats. You have to put in long hours studying just to get a job with more hours and it just never seems to end. Hours and hours of stress and sadness so what does that leave us in the end? Sure we have things like love...the thing we still can't comprehend because stupid high school boys ruined it for us. We are expected to be adults just because of the number 18. One year older and wiser too? I think the birthday song should say one year older and going crazy isn't something new. My mom expects so much out of me, my dad gets mad at everything I do, my sister still treats me like crap but theirs nothing I can do. Growing up is a part of life they say. I just want to watch blues clues and having the only thing to worry about is how to tie my shoes.

1 comment: