kt swizz

kt swizz

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lost souls

Where do we go from here?
We were given a cap and gown and soon realized it was a bribe. 
A bribe to leave and never return. 
What we thought would be the best day of our lives turned out to be one of the most life changing.
Go on with your life put on a suit and tie and sit at your desk job reminiscing on the glory days. Kick back and listen to some journey because you stopped believing a long time ago. 
Come home to your kids, eat dinner, sleep, repeat. 
Your dreams don't fit on your schedule anymore so you toss them in the back of the closet like that old yearbook from high school. 
Thinking back you remember who you wanted to be, and sure enough you are reminded of who you are. A mindless money making drone. A dreamless drone. Convergent not divergent. Typer not a writer. You replace your old colored pencils for some nice stationary and overpriced pens. 
Then you just think, the dream dies when high school ends, trading a cool cap and gown for a life with no friends 

2 comments:

  1. This was very good. I read this like 10 minutes ago. And then I came back to it.

    It's still good.

    That line about being a typer and not a writer. I've never heard it that way before but it makes so much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop reading this. It's everything that I'm fearing. I don't want to trade in my colored pencils.
    The line "Your dreams don't fit on your schedule anymore so you toss them in the back of the closet like that old yearbook from high school." Absolutely perfect.
    I have a lot of respect for you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete